Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tar baby

Sorry, it seems the Daily Chronicle has turned into the weekly Chronicle. I would change the title header but honestly I'm too tired. I have noticed that a lot of the blogs I follow are also starting to piddle out. Ones that blogged a lot in the past are now down to a monthly post and some have seemingly ceased to post altogether. It was fun at first , much like Facebook or other forums and then have lost their initial appeal. I doubt I have reached many even with Blogapedia's attempt to syndicate the content on cell phones. Still haven't heard anything from that after giving them permission to use my content. I am about to pull that plug if I don't hear something soon. Mainly whether they have any money for me. I am not in the business of supplying free content. I don't know what kind of business that would be anyway. A free business is not a profitable one and hence not really a business; more of a charity. But I like to post recent cartoons because I am at heart a vain cartoonist who craves attention (aren't we all?). So don't give up on me yet. I'll be back. To quote another real life cartoon character.

4 comments:

Grazina Ajana Szewczyk said...

oh please don't go! I have your blog on my iGoogle page, and look at the "Ed, wake up! The cat has your balls again!" every time I need some cheering up. Works every time.

DanC said...

Grazina, you're always there to goad me onward.

Rick Janes said...

While the 'Information Superhighway' has often turned out to be a series of frustratingly unprofitable cul-de-sacs, especially for artists, your work is consistently exceptional and needs to be seen. (And paid for.) To put it another way; Keep up the good work because the work's good.

DanC said...

Thanks Rick!